Orciprenaline Drug Class
Orciprenaline is part of the drug class:
Inhaled Non selective beta adrenoreceptor agonists
This is not a complete list of Orciprenalinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Orciprenaline and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories – A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Orciprenaline falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Orciprenaline should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Orciprenaline should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take orciprenaline exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Orciprenaline dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Orciprenaline is available in the following doses:
- Metaproterenol 0.4% Inhalation Solution
- Metaproterenol 0.6% Inhalation Solution
- Metaproterenol 0.65 Mg/inh Inhalation Aerosol
- Metaproterenol 0.65 Mg/inh Inhalation Aerosol With Adapter
- Metaproterenol 10 Mg Oral Tablet
- Metaproterenol 10 Mg/5 Ml Oral Syrup
- Metaproterenol 20 Mg Oral Tablet
- Metaproterenol 5% Inhalation Solution
- Metaproterenol Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Orciprenaline is available in the following forms:
- Inhalant Powder
- Inhalant Solution
- Metered Dose Inhaler
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet